School in England
St. Nicholas Preparatory School is the school of choice for many international families who seek a robust British curriculum and a modern education. Our pupils enjoy the benefits of a prestigious British education, gain unrivalled support from specialist EAL teachers and enjoy outstanding pastoral care which stems from our strong and celebrated international community.
Our location, in the heart of Kensington, is home to many international families and is a blend of state-of –the-art buildings, such as The Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Palace and world re-known museums such as the National History Museum, The V&A and Science Museum.
With Hyde Park to the front of us and a two acre secure garden to the rear, outdoor learning plays an important part in a St. Nicholas education. Whether it involves our Montessori nursery children measuring bean stalks in the vegetable garden or Year 6’s meditating under a tree, St Nicholas offers space and facilities that are second to none.
St. Nicholas develops global citizens of the future who understand that our world is a complex and changing place that needs caring, compassionate and principled participants
Watch St Nicholas Prep's International School Video
Find Out More
British International School
The United Kingdom has been viewed as one of the most desirable locations to study overseas for hundreds of years. International students from around the globe come to study in the UK because of its reputation for academic excellence and the value of British qualifications in an ever more competitive global marketplace. How do you decide on the best place to study?
Study in the UK – what to expect?
The important thing is to think about the type of benefits that come with an education in a particular country. As a prospective parent you are most likely looking for a school that:
- Has a reputation for academic excellence and modern education
- Has well regarded teaching staff and outstanding facilities
- Enables students to excel, extending their strengths and interest
- Offers friendly environment and a range of exciting activities
- Provides safe accommodation and secure environment
Study Abroad – Choose England
The experience of studying abroad alongside a wide array of students from many different backgrounds can be transformative; St. Nicholas Prep offers plenty of support which ensures that no matter what educational background students come from, they can take advantage of every opportunity. By deciding to study in the UK, every student becomes a part of a centuries-old tradition and part of a thriving community in our school.
English Language Skills
English language skills are an important part of St Nicholas Prep School’s curriculum. Most academic courses offered by our school include English Language preparation classes.
Why a UK Education?
Improve your career prospects
British qualifications are respected and recognised around the world. Study in the UK and you’ll gain valuable experience of speaking English in its native country and demonstrate to future employers your independence and personal drive. Of course, you’ll also be gaining the skills, qualifications and experience you need to succeed in your chosen career.
The reputation of a British education is world-renowned
When it comes to choosing the right university you should know that Britain has some of the most famous universities in the world, including University of Cambridge and University of Oxford. Educational institutions across the country have earned a well-deserved reputation for high levels of quality and high standards of teaching. By studying in the UK, you’ll be part of that educational heritage.
Broaden your horizons
Britain is a multicultural country with plenty to see and do. You’ll meet students from all over the world and experience many different cultures. You’ll have plenty of free time to socialise with your new friends and to explore the country. It will be an enriching and rewarding experience that will change your life.
How to apply to St Nicholas Prep School
Submit your application
Simply complete our online application form and our admissions team will be in touch with 48 hours. We will listen to your requirements and endeavour to answer all your questions so you can be confident that St Nicholas Prep is the right school for your child. Once you are ready to submit your application please do so ensuring you have the following items:
- Document submissions checklist for this stage:
- Completed application form with full contact details for student and parent/guardian.
- Your official transcripts from your previous school, both in the original language and translated into English.
- If applicable, completed English language test such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- A copy of your passport. If a passport is not available at the time of application only a conditional offer can be issued upon receipt before confirmation.
- A copy of any previous Tier 4 visas with relevant transcripts for that institution (if any)
- UK School reference for students transferring from a UK school (if applicable).
Admissions office address is as follows:
5 & 7 Diamond Court,
MK15 0DU, UK
(+44) (0)1908 350 682If you have been in touch with our Schools Agent in your country then you can return your completed form to your agent.
We will check that there are places available on your chosen course.
Entry Requirements Check
We will then ensure that you have the necessary English language and academic entry requirements for the course you wish to study.
Offer of a place or an alternative plan
If there is a place available and you meet the necessary entry requirements, then we will write to you with a formal offer of a place at St Nicholas Prep. If the course is full or you do not meet the requirements, we will offer you an alternative study plan.
To confirm your acceptance of the offer and secure your place you will be required to pay a refundable deposit.
Received an offer?
Congratulations! Soon you could be studying with us at St Nicholas Prep School. There are just a few more steps to secure your place
- Confirm your place
- Contact our admissions team to secure your place and pay your deposit. We will then check availability of your chosen accommodation option and reserve a place for you.
- Apply for your visa
- We will then issue you with a CAS number which you will need when applying for your visa to study in the UK. See our visa help page for advice on the visa process.
- Pay tuition fee instalment
- You will be asked to pay a portion of your tuition fee upfront.
- Sit your examinations
- If you have received a ‘conditional offer’ this means you have a place on a course providing you meet certain conditions such as passing English language or academic tests. Once you have passed these criteria your offer will become ‘unconditional’. You will need to hold an unconditional offer to apply for a visa, however you can confirm your place at the conditional offer stage. If you have confirmed your place but fail to pass the required criteria we can refund your deposit or defer your place.
We work closely with host family and guardianship agencies who ensure that host families are carefully selected to ensure friendly, safe and comfortable environments in which students are able to both relax and study effectively.
Each student has a single or twin study bedroom. Bathroom facilities are usually shared. Host family expenses include accommodation, breakfast and evening meals during the week, and breakfast, lunch and an evening meal over the weekends and during the holidays. Also included is laundry service (not dry cleaning).
Additional accommodation over the holiday periods (Christmas, Easter and Summer) will incur additional charges per week full board.
International Tuition Fees 2016/17
|Tuition Fees||– £7,435 for Non-EU students per term|
|EAL Support||– £1,945 per annum in addition to tuition fees|
|Lunches (Compulsory)||– £233 per term or £699 per annum|
|Transportation (if required)||– £1,185|