The Admissions Process
St. Nicholas School is committed to securing equality of opportunity through the creation of an environment in which individuals are treated on the sole basis of their relevant merits and abilities. Parents are required to disclose their knowledge of any specific learning difficulty, behavioural issue, disability or medical issue relating to their child on registration and to provide copy of any assessments that have occurred. We also require details of any language issues recognising that for some children English is an Additional Language (EAL). Failure to disclose and provide details could lead to the withdrawal of an offer of place.
Request a prospectus
To learn more about our school request a copy of our prospectus.
Book and attend an open morning or private tour
We encourage prospective parents to see our school in action during one of our open events which run regularly throughout the year.
- Open mornings are held during term-time. They start at 9:30am with a welcome from the Headteacher, followed by a school tour with a member of the senior leadership team and a Q&A session.
- Private tours are also available
Complete and return a registration form
To apply for a place at St. Nicholas Preparatory School please complete our online registration form together with payment of a non-refundable registration fee of £100. The Admissions team will then contact you to confirm safe receipt of your child’s registration.
Invitation to attend an interview/taster session/assessment
You will receive an email inviting your child to come in for a taster session/assessment (reception to year 6) normally 6 to 8 months before your child is due to start schooling at St. Nicholas Preparatory School. Nursery children and their parents are invited to attend an interview. We are a non-selective school but we do assess potential pupils to determine their current academic level and how we can help them to fulfil their potential.
- Nursery – we invite all parents and their children to come in for a 30 min interview with the Head of Early Years. This is a perfect opportunity for both the school and parents to get to know each other and discuss parents’ expectations.
- Reception taster session – your child will be taken to one of our classrooms and spend around 30 minutes with the Head of Early Years or the class teacher.
- Assessment for year 1 to year 6 pupils – children spend the whole day with us and take part in normal class activities. Lunch and snacks throughout the day will be provided.
Offer of place
Further to the interview/taster session/assessment places are offered as soon as possible. Should the assessment provide further reason for reflection the Admissions Team will contact you for further discussion.